Each day a kind deed.

Thought of the Week - Each day a kind deed.
TWEET this!

Aug 30, 2015

A date to remember

This post has won the Blogadda WOW badge.
A  date to remember_Salvwi
I was sitting at the wobbly table of the coffee shop. That is my favourite spot which no one prefers. In the midst of the fresh coffee aroma, it began to drizzle. Somebody above, behind the dark clouds was directing the perfect setting for my date. After a long time I was dating myself. And with the ambience it became an extraordinary moment for me.

I owe that moment to the writer’s block I was dealing with for a couple of weeks. Unable to write a single sentence that I would like to read, I had already moved into my frustration zone. That is when I thought, it has been so long since I gossiped with myself.

I sat there aloof from the rest of the crowd sipping my hot latte. I was pondering over the recent events of my life and their impact. I decided to write few lines. I scouted my handbag to find something to write with. All I found was an old broken pencil in one of the pockets. The writer's block and the resulting blank continued. I was unable to write anything proper. However, I was still holding the broken pencil wishing if it would write itself.

A group of skittish college kids entered, singing and taunting each other. They were a noisy bunch. However, their noise did not disturb me rather it drew my mind to those days when I was one of them. I could picture myself among that bunch. That self of mine which was carefree, confident, and calm. I was lost in myself traversing through life from my college days until that moment. I halted at all those phases where I was discouraged, denied, prohibited, rejected, or restricted. I felt happy I did not follow suit nor gave in. Instead, I chose my freedom to follow my heart and mind.

By the time, I returned to my present moment I was unintentionally infused with a spirit of those days. When I looked at the tissue, I had scribbled all those discouraging words I was once told. Those words that strongly pushed me to pursue what I wanted to. That is when I felt I was sitting on top of a pile of rejections yet I did not feel dejected. My optimism had still not given up on me. Therefore, the unfavourable events of life cannot pull me down. But before I left the coffee shop, I completed something.

I wrote a poem. Ironically, I broke the writer's block and mended my broken confidence with that old broken pencil.

This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.

WOW Prompt (August 29 - 30)- "Writer,Coffee Shop and a Broken Pencil"

Image and Article © Copyright Salvwi Prasad
Creative Commons Licence

12 comments:

  1. Fine writing. Loved your post completely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely narration!!! I love the quote in Coffee Cup. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice post! congrats on d wow badge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sushmita10:33 PM

    Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic... Sometimes solitude is a blessing.Congrats on the WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Your comments help me improve.

You may also like to read