Each day a kind deed.

Thought of the Week - Each day a kind deed.
TWEET this!

Aug 25, 2015

Doodle_Cuttack

Doodle_Cuttack - Salvwi Prasad

TWEET this!
CORE IDEA - Cuttack City (Odisha, India)
STYLE - Doodle Art
MEDIUM - Pencil, Pen and Ink
BRANDS -
-o Sakura PIGMA MICRON (01,03,05 - Archival Ink)
-o Studio Art Mechanical Pencil

Doodling is often referred as scribbled drawings. This usually involves drawings that we do while absent minded. Newspaper sideline or corners, last pages of our notebooks or those side-spaces of text books are the canvas in most cases for doodles. However, the format has taken a proper art form now, keeping the core intent same. #Doodle art that are professionally or otherwise represented may not be the culmination of an absent mind. It still displays multiple figures in one drawing with a meaningful and cohesive representation.

This doodle art on #Cuttack is my representation on my home-town's identity. #Cuttack is formed of million elements just like any other city. However, I have tried to draw the places or things that are highlighting ingredients of Cuttack's identity. The ones that I closely associate with when I think of my home-town. The idea of doing this doodle was conceived in the moment when I craved for the delicious trademark street food of #Cuttack, Dahibara Aludum.

I hope those who are from #Cuttack will be able to relate to this doodle. And if you are someone who intends to visit my city, this doodle could be a miniature guide for you.

This doodle is published on Bhubaneswar Buzz website and MY Bhubaneswar Facebook page.

Doodle and Article © Copyright Salvwi Prasad
Creative Commons Licence

8 comments:

  1. What a great job doing this, such an intricate work.

    Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:33 PM

    Really good!
    It has made cuttak look fascinating :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is classic! Are you from Cuttack? I am really surprised now :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Darshith,

      I was born and brought up there. I have lived and enjoyed Cuttack. :)

      But I didn't understand, what are you surprised at ? Just curious.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by. Your comments help me improve.

You may also like to read