Each day a kind deed.

Thought of the Week - Each day a kind deed.
TWEET this!

Oct 21, 2015

Real Togetherness beyond the virtual world

Kissanpur

Every time there is a festive season around the corner, we find the corporate world vying to increase sales. One effective way has been television (TV) advertisements (ads) for them.

Cometh the festivals, cometh the emotional ads.


This strategy has certainly worked for years now. With our generation getting closer in the virtual network and apart in the real world, has given advertising minds the required fodder for such ads. So many us are away from home and crave to be near our dear ones, mostly during the festive season. These ads cleverly play with emotions at the right time. Most of us feel the essence of the ads. I do not know how many such leads are converted into sales for the companies. However, many do give their home a call.


When I heard about the Kissanpur – Real Joy of Togetherness initiative video, I thought this was again one such festival strategy. It is true, I was biased by the trend. However, on seeing the video I learnt it is not a festival targeting emotional ad. It is an ad showing us the reflection of what we have become as humans and as a society. This thought being propagated by a brand that is a household name in India will definitely have a larger impact. The video strongly stands by what @KissanIndia believes in - 'We taste good, we look good and we do good'


#RealTogetherness, for me is as simple as being able to sip aromatic tea and relish hot pakodas with ketchup on a rainy day, talking to my husband. It is also enjoying the juicy lime stick ice-cream with my mother from the nearby kirana shop on a sultry summer afternoon. Tugging inside the same blanket in winter with my brother and drinking away hot soup is real togetherness for me. Building that birdhouse with my father or the sudden trip with friends to the beach or a hill station and playing incessant sessions of antakshri is togetherness in its real meaning.

I still remember the dark days and darker nights of 1999 SuperCyclone in Odisha. All of us there saw the fury of nature. What we also saw was coming together of a society to help each other. People were ready to help anybody and everybody even with their minimum resources.

Nature has an inexplicable way of bringing us together, in its fury and calmness. TWEET this!

We sure are now trapped inside the limits of our phones more than ever. Having said that, I would also not like to deny the help technology has provided. It because of technology that I can make an audio or video call to my parents, even miles away. It is for internet that I am able to share this very post with the rest of the world or able to see this initiative video. Every invention is a boon or a bane, depending on where we define our limits and prioritise the importance of life.




Image Credits - Kissanpur
Article © Copyright Salvwi Prasad
Creative Commons Licence

2 comments:

  1. I agree. Technology is what we make of it. :)

    P.S. Nature has an inexplicable way of bringing us together, in its fury and calmness. - Loved this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Your comments help me improve.

You may also like to read