Each day a kind deed.

Thought of the Week - Each day a kind deed.
TWEET this!

Apr 1, 2016

Auto Correct and Me

Below is the complex sentence that fetched Marcel Fernandes Filho the Guinness World Record of "Fastest touch-screen text message record". His record time was 18.19 seconds.

"The razor-toothed piranhas of the genera Serrasalmus and Pygocentrus are the most ferocious freshwater fish in the world. In reality they seldom attack a human." (This statement was copied from the Guinness World Records website)


I am not sure if he was troubled by the menace of my text typing life, "Auto-Correct". When it comes to typing on the mobile I have the speed of the slowest sloth in the world. Add to that the constant typos. If my speed and typos were not enough to frustrate me, the mobile throws at me it's "know-it-all" attitude with the Auto-Correct feature. Every time I try to type a message in my regional language Mr. Mobile is not happy about it. He forcibly auto-corrects my text to something that he is comfortable with. Now, that is what I call encroaching my privacy. Allow me to write my message in my language, the way I wish to. Stop being such a snob, Mr. Mobile. But he would not pay heed to my requests. Recently, I learnt a way to get rid of the auto-correct. Life is better and I am happier.

I know this is a very mundane thing to even discuss about. Let me share it with a different perspective.

Just like I do not like "Auto-Correct" in my mobile, I do not like a person with "know-it-all" attitude in my human world. Someone who always tries to correct me with the slightest of mistake. Someone who does not provide me the space to falter and learn from mistakes. I rather prefer guidance over constant correction. I have my way of doing things and I respect your way too Mr/Miss Human-Auto-Correct. But you should understand that just like you were given a chance to "know-it-all", you should give that space to others too.

Bottom line for me is that I will commit mistakes, I will fail but let me write my story on the wall. Please don't correct my story of failures with your favourite words.

This post is submitted to : A to Z Challenge 2016

Do visit my other blog @POETICbug

Article © Copyright Salvwi Prasad
Creative Commons Licence

3 comments:

  1. Nice post, things explained in details. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don’t skills ought to I provide you with thanks! i'm altogether shocked by your article. You saved my time. Thanks 1,000,000 for sharing this text.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great article, Thanks for your nice data, the content is quiet attention-grabbing. i'll be expecting your next post.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Your comments help me improve.

You may also like to read